Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1 month countdown! If I can post before midnight...

So I should be studying for a Spanish in the Community test. But whatevs. I thought I would write my first post instead! (granted Jon Stewart just had a guest that talked all about blogging on The Daily Show)

I really wanted to thank all of the people that are helping me prepare for this trip. Obviously my family and bestest friends are being very supportive... even though I'm going far far away, but I wanted to thank a few people that specifically helped me prepare for the culture and random stuff I'm going to encounter in Ecuador.

Liz & Britta - You did it first, thanks! haha. love you guys, your experiences are helping me already!

Liz Girten - You're so open about study abroad, it's great! I see a lot of similarities between us and I can't wait to follow your AMAZING footsteps in volunteering and learning about Spanish, culture, etc.

Murph - I'm so excited to live with your host family.... I really hope it works! I can't wait to interact with kids like you do.

Rachel Mowery - Your travel tips have been awesome! I hope I can make a scrapbook as cool as yours when i get back :)

Bauman - I'm so glad to keep in touch, and all of your help is so valuable. I am really looking forward to making some great connections with people in Ecuador, thanks for helping me get started!

Ann Abbott & Marcos - Working in Spanish in the Community (and writing about it!) are really inspiring me in a big way. I'm very excited about going to another country and pursuing similar ideas and actions regarding community work and reflection.

Brandon - Duh. Thanks for organizing everything! I really appreciate the conversations we have as well, I can't wait to tell you all about my experiences!

I'm sure I totally forgot someone. Can you edit posts? Well, the lady on The Daily Show (Sam? remember her name? oooh something Huffington...) said to blog your passions, and that it should be different from formal writing, more like a 'first draft'. So this is my first draft... I'm sure there are more people that have helped me prepare. Muchas gracias a todos!!!!

Hasta luego (after finals maybe... ugh)

2 comments:

G. A. said...

How great!

Good luck in Ecuador, and in your test in like an hour with me ;)

I hope you found the time to study really hard after posting! :)

Ann Abbott said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your great adventures in Ecuador!
Ann Abbott