Monday, December 29, 2008

Consulate Nightmares

So today I thought I would go get my 'Cultural Exchange' visa to go to Ecuador. Luckily I live near Chicago, because there was a girl there from Michigan who is also leaving on Saturday and needed her visa! Anyways, I had all of the paperwork I needed, except for an "original" HIV test result from the health clinic.

The woman at the consulate kept saying that I didn't have the original, but what I had was exactly what the clinic had given me, not a copy. So I proceeded to find out that what I needed was an embossed stamp on that paper from the clinic (McKinley) in URBANA-CHAMPAIGN! Fun.

What I ended up doing was calling McKinley and talking to someone who could luckily FedEx the paper (not fax it, because the stamp wouldn't even show up), and only because they are really really nice! Also, I went to get an entirely new blood test in Glenview, so those results should be in tomorrow, then I'll have the hospital stamp those results with everything they've got! So now I might take the Ecuadorian consulate 2 HIV tests, hah! And I only have a few more days to do it. Oh my goodness...

No comments: