Friday, December 26, 2008

Host Fam!

Merry (late) Christmas! I meant to write this sooner, because I found out about my host family before winter break, but here's the info :)

I'm really excited about the family I will be living with in Ecuador! My host mom's name is Yolanda Cordova, and she is an older woman with one of her sons living in the house, as well as her daughter and the daughter's family (including four kids) living next door. This is a family that a good friend of mine(Murph) suggested I live with, because she had already been on the program to Ecuador in Fall 2007. I'll also have wireless internet, Skyyyype! (and blogging)

Another friend who also went on the program in Quito looked at Google Maps and showed me how the bus system works and where I can get a chip for a cell phone while in Ecuador. The house I'll be living in is very close to the bus station, where I'll take a bus to Cumbayá (a town about 15 min outside of Quito, where my university is located).

In terms of my host family, I'm so excited about having kids nearby (you know me)! I have also heard so much about how nice Yolanda is from my friend who lived with her, and they still keep in contact often. I can't wait to meet my new familia! muuuy pronto!

2 comments:

Coffee and Cheeseburgers said...

Does Cumbayá happen to be pronounced like kumbaya the song? If so that's just too funny...hehe kumbaya.

Ms. Kloecker said...

I'm pretty sure it is, with a little more accent on the 'a'. I'll see when I get there :)

My mom was very amused by that too.