Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oh sí, estoy aquí!

My host family, is OF COURSE amazing. Yolanda (abuela) picked me up at the airport with two of her granddaughters, Ivana(2) and Esteffí (6). They are adorable! We watched some disney channel and colored a bit, and I had some tea and bread with cheese for a snack. The mother of Ivana and Esteffí (and two other kids) is coming tomorrow. The entire family spent New Years in Cuenca, a city pretty far south of Quito. So Yolanda and the girls flew back today and everyone else is flying back tomorrow.

I already learned about some fun cultural stuff, Esteffí was telling me how on New Years they dress up in newspaper all over! and wear silly hats and everything. It sounds really fun!

Well, i need to unpack and go to bed. And they'll be showing me around town and how to get to school tomorrow. Talk to you all later!

P.S. My 5 year anniversary is tomorrow :) Love you Mike!

1 comment:

G. A. said...

Espero que lo estés pasando de maravilla en Ecuador.
¡Qué envidia! Al menos están asomando unos rayitos de sol en Urbana ahora ;)

Diviértete muchísimo